Fork me on GitHub
  February 19, 2018, 08:08:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping out?  (Read 1489 times)
AnonymousJohn

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:42:52 am »

I'm not the best programmer, and I don't have a lot of experience in C++ (I'm willing to learn, though), but is there any way I can get in on the development of this project? I'd really like to help wherever I can. I'm coming back from the world of hMod plugin programming, with code-breaking upgrades just to stay compatible with Notch's updates, and I'd really like to see a good, useable, FAST, and independently-developed server software that doesn't have to be updated as often as a mod for the official server does. I'm pretty sure this is the software I'm looking for, minus a few features (mob spawns, ores, trees, water/lava physics last time I checked), and I want to do what I can for it. Is this possible? If so, how can I help?
Fador
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:51 pm »

Hi there =)

If you're on IRC, join irc.esper.net #mineserver to follow the development more closely Wink

Every programmer is welcome to our project, easiest way to get in to the development is to fork our main repo at http://github.com/fador/mineserver ..by signing in to the github and so on.

Well if you want to help, you could for example check the bug listing at http://redmine.fknsrs.biz/projects/mineserver/issues?set_filter=1&tracker_id=1 and see if you could verify any of those and maybe locate them..altough I find that a bit boring.

We actually have (almost) working water physics but mostly the drying out part is buggy, if you want to take a look at that, it would help.. Water physics are just disabled in the earlier builds because of a bug in the config reader...

But anyway, you are very welcome to help us even by just reporting bugs!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: