For$
<!-- begin site header -->
<div id=

Author Topic: Three problems.  (Read 9399 times)

seisatsu

• View Profile
Three problems.
« on: December 30, 2010, 01:38:47 am »
I compiled latest git source on a linux machine using cmake. I can connect. However:

1) No commands are available, not even /help. They just show up as chat text.

2) I spawn inside the ground and have to dig my way out.

3) The roles.txt file doesn't give even the slightest hint to its syntax. Neither does the wiki.

Ben S.

• View Profile
Re: Three problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 01:51:39 am »
I compiled latest git source on a linux machine using cmake. I can connect. However:

3) The roles.txt file doesn't give even the slightest hint to its syntax. Neither does the wiki.

1.  Commands were recently taken out as I came to figure out recently as well.  My guess is that the devs want it to be more of a plugin than built in.  Inside the source you can find the old commands.cpp, but it's file extension now has .unused attached to it.

2.  Seems kind of odd, does this always happen or for one map that you had the server generate?  If this is reproducible I'm sure the devs would want a thorough bug report.

3.  For each role, whether it be admins, ops or member, all you do is just put the name of the user below each subsection that you want them to be a member of.

Formatted like this:
Code: [Select]
# admins
myusername

# ops
mygoodfriend

# members
randommember1
Unofficial Mineserver builds:
http://www.benschro.com/mineserver

Fador

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:02:51 am »

As Ben S. said, they were taken out ;) I'm working on the plugin system but it'll not be done untill sometime next week..

Have to look at that...it should check the player doesn't spawn inside the ground =/

That functionality was also taken out for now...

Glotty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 04:49:01 pm »
i confirm that player spawns in ground on latest build. if you need any more info let me know.

Tellan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:00:48 am »
I think the player is spawning in ground because of the fact that the server is half-crashing when it hits the while command.dll problem. I'm running it on windows and every time I run it it goes through the plugin system and when it cant find ./command.dll it just goes straight to listening, no world gen from the log it outputs.

Edit: Loaded Mineserver with an official server map gen and it ran fine.(first time trying out minecraft so idk how it should run :P) but I ended up with a freaky tree gen
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:12:21 am by Tellan »