For$
<!-- begin site header -->
<div id=

Author Topic: Curse UI and plugins  (Read 7581 times)

MiamXD

• View Profile
Curse UI and plugins
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »
Hello,
I made my mineserver yesterday, and today I read that I can use Curse UI as GUI.
I set it in the Plugins Section of config.cfg on,so my active plugins are:
Code: [Select]
system.plugins += ("command":"./command");
system.plugins += ("nether":"./nether");
system.plugins += ("filelog":"./filelog");
system.plugins += ("curseui":"./curseui");

But, if i start the server, nothing changes, there is just the cmd with the text:
World world

I use windows, so what should i do to use a GUI for minesever?

edit: ok, I can see more in my cmd now, but if i let it load the curseui.dll it says:
"could not get init function handle"

edit2: I tried to use the nether-feature, which is marked with # in the configuration, but it cant  find the nether.dll, and i cannot find it a github, too
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:20:19 pm by MiamXD »

donno

• View Profile
Re: Curse UI and plugins
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:48 am »
Firstly, there currently is no GUI. The cursesui which is a tui, is sufficient as it provides a window that looks similar to most IRC clients . Currently its lacking a few features like being able to scroll through the player list and so forth.

Secondly, by made i assume you mean you compiled it from the source.
Did you use Microsoft Visual C++ / Microsoft Visual Studio? or did you use mingw/msys or cygwin?

Github only holds the code for mineserver, so you will not find pre-compiled components there, such as the nether.dll. The source for the nether can be found in plugins\nether however there is no Visual Studio project for building this on Windows at the moment, since development of this plugin is being done primarily on Linux, and has not yet been tested on Windows.

If you are looking for a pre-compiled mineserver, it can be found here http://mineserver.be/downloads/#windows

If the curseui doesn't work you can result to the internal one, by setting the following:
system.interface.use_cli = true;

deoxxa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:38:35 am »
curseui != cursesui

MiamXD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 09:53:08 pm »
oh, i thought it was an writing mistake...
but, i need cursesui for... what?

2nd: I read in the wiki ncurseui is included, but, where is it? Or is it just an mistake in the wiki?