For$
<!-- begin site header -->
<div id=

Author Topic: config help..  (Read 8503 times)

Screwhead

• View Profile
config help..
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:45:45 am »
Hi, downloaded the Windows server and set things up.. I just want to run a small server for a few friends to play together, not really planning anything major.. I can connect to it fine (haven't tried anyone else yet), but I've got a few things I'm wondering about in the configuration..

1: no mobs (friendly or otherwise) seem to be spawning.. Is there something that I need to add to the config file to enable critters/monsters?

2: when I tried just running it on it's own, the map it generated seemed to have no trees or stone.. Since I'm gonna be running it with the game I had saved previously, that's not too much of an issue now, but it's leaving me wondering if trees are going to grow properly?

3: Is there something somewhere that explains the Cave Configuration and Beaches section of the config? I'd like to know a bit more about what they do..

4: I can't seem to get the whitelist going.. If I enable it, and I try logging in, even if my name is typed into the whitelist.txt properly, it keeps telling me that I'm not on the whitelist.. since the plan is to just run something small for some friends, I'd really like to use the whitelist to keep out griefers and just stick to a few of us that want to have some fun together.

Sorry if this is all covered somewhere obvious, but I've looked at the wiki and through the forum and can't seem to find much info..

I gotta say though, it seems to be running well on my machine! I Couldn't get the official server to work properly without crashing or messing up somehow and booting me after less than 20 seconds logged in, so this is a godsend for me :D

Fador

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: config help..
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »
I just want to point out that Mineserver is still under development and does not have all the features that the original server software has ;)

1: no mobs (friendly or otherwise) seem to be spawning.. Is there something that I need to add to the config file to enable critters/monsters?
Mobs are not implemented

2: when I tried just running it on it's own, the map it generated seemed to have no trees or stone.. Since I'm gonna be running it with the game I had saved previously, that's not too much of an issue now, but it's leaving me wondering if trees are going to grow properly?
The map generator is also in heavy development. Trees don't grow just yet. There was a commit for growing saplings to (simple!) trees but it's not taken to the main branch yet...

3: Is there something somewhere that explains the Cave Configuration and Beaches section of the config? I'd like to know a bit more about what they do..
Not yet..the cave generators etc. were only made couple of days ago.. And I was told those configurations do nothing at the moment ;)

4: I can't seem to get the whitelist going..
strange..I have to ask someone to check it.. Did you use case-sensitive names?

Sorry if this is all covered somewhere obvious, but I've looked at the wiki and through the forum and can't seem to find much info..
Not a problem.

I gotta say though, it seems to be running well on my machine! I Couldn't get the official server to work properly without crashing or messing up somehow and booting me after less than 20 seconds logged in, so this is a godsend for me :D

Nice to hear =) But be aware there are still some serious bugs in Mineserver..like if you go too far from each other in the game the clients will crash ;) This is being fixed at the moment...
You can check http://redmine.fknsrs.biz/projects/mineserver/issues for bugs and if you have some new ones you can also report them! Also feature requests are welcome!

Screwhead

• View Profile
Re: config help..
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:18 pm »
thanks for the reply! After a bunch of digging I realized how young the project seems to be, but I really like what it's like so far! I'm currently running the Minecraft_server.jar with a wrapper (SimpleServer) but I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this forum for newer versions of this software, because I occasionally get Java errors with this thing...