For$
<!-- begin site header -->
<div id=

Author Topic: Integrated Groups, Permissions, and Commands UI.  (Read 6290 times)

Freelancer

• View Profile
Integrated Groups, Permissions, and Commands UI.
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:45:42 am »
Hey there Mineserver devs! I've been reading up on this project and it sounds like something I've been looking forward to. My biggest problem with the official Minecraft server software and even Bukkit, is that both use up way to many system resources per player. The level of hosting hardware required for this game shouldn't rival newer games with resource intense server software...

Anyway, I'd like to request that (when) a groups/permissions system be integrated into the server UI similar to McForge. This would make group and permission management much easier for server administrators, without forcing them to enter the server and/or use console commands.

I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about, McLawl and McForge were/are pretty popular. I'd provide some screenshots of the groups/permissions/commands pages for reference but the McForge DNS is currently experiencing issues and I can't access the downloads.

Jailout2000

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Integrated Groups, Permissions, and Commands UI.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:38:59 am »
I think there's someone working on it already. I don't know when they (those working on the mineserver project) will have permissions finished.

Last I knew, they had a duplicate system (well, leftovers from an old one that isn't implemented anymore, and a newer one that I'm not sure of its capabilities).
Visit my website to see what's up with me.