Fork me on GitHub
  May 27, 2018, 02:55:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bandwidth?  (Read 2297 times)
croxis

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:22 am »

Has anyone done tests on bandwidth usage of this server compared to the official one?
Fador
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »

Has anyone done tests on bandwidth usage of this server compared to the official one?

I did some measurements some weeks back and noticed Mineserver was using much less bandwidth..altought the java server had mobs enabled Wink But the strange thing was the bandwidth went up only when I dug. Maybe I should do the tests again...
I don't have any "official" numbers on this. But I might say the Mineserver is sending less "extra" data.
Ben S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:53 am »

I did some measurements some weeks back and noticed Mineserver was using much less bandwidth..altought the java server had mobs enabled Wink But the strange thing was the bandwidth went up only when I dug. Maybe I should do the tests again...
I don't have any "official" numbers on this. But I might say the Mineserver is sending less "extra" data.

I still have run into one thing however.  Sometimes when you load up a new area, you can see through the ground and see caves way below you before the ground right underneath you.

Is this a problem with the server sending that far data first or is the minecraft client doing a poor job of prioritizing packets?

Unofficial Mineserver builds:
http://www.benschro.com/mineserver
croxis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 02:12:17 am »

Good to know. Now I just need to figure out how to integrate python into the plugin system and then I can switch Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: