For$
<!-- begin site header -->
<div id=

Author Topic: Links on main page  (Read 10900 times)

Empty

• View Profile
Links on main page
« on: November 26, 2010, 10:28:47 pm »
Dont work :)

A friend mentioned about your site, from reading the front page it seems like you guys have a nice project here! Very much looking forward to trying it out, and lending any help with bug testing/wiki etc.

I must confess I didnt check for binaries on the github page though. My apologies if the stuff I need is on there. I have a few questions though.

1.Are you planning on using multiple threads? It'd be really nice if I could assign certain cores to the server and leave the one the client uses alone. I hate adding to any lag thats already there.

2.Will this server be 100% compatible with the client, even if the client gets an update? I'm guessing the server will download the java files from the minecraft site and work using either a wrapper or interpreter?

3.Where do babies come from?

4.What are the main goals and objectives for this server? e.g are you planning on adding features that Notch might not add/doesnt want to add?

Anyways, hope things go good for you guys and im sure you're going to get a great deal of interest in the coming weeks!

deoxxa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Links on main page
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 12:39:50 am »

There's no binaries just yet, sorry! The codebase isn't yet stable enough to warrant providing them. We'll have some ready soon.

1.Are you planning on using multiple threads? It'd be really nice if I could assign certain cores to the server and leave the one the client uses alone. I hate adding to any lag thats already there.

In future yes, there will be an option for multiple threads.

2.Will this server be 100% compatible with the client, even if the client gets an update? I'm guessing the server will download the java files from the minecraft site and work using either a wrapper or interpreter?

Mineserver is a completely independent implementation of the Minecraft server protocol and functionality, it does not use the official server at all. When the client is updated, our server may break if there are protocol changes. It should be fixed in a matter of hours though usually.

They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids. they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his children ; i am truley sorry for your lots

4.What are the main goals and objectives for this server? e.g are you planning on adding features that Notch might not add/doesnt want to add?

Efficiency, extensibility and stability are what we're aiming for. Efficiency comes from it being written with resource consumption in mind and taking advantage of the low overhead that c++ offers, extensibility will come from the plugin system that we will be implementing and stability will hopefully come from generally high quality code.

Anyways, hope things go good for you guys and im sure you're going to get a great deal of interest in the coming weeks!

Thanks!

Fador

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:43:23 am »

I must confess I didnt check for binaries on the github page though. My apologies if the stuff I need is on there. I have a few questions though.
We don't provide binaries yet because the software is not usable at this stage ;)

We are going to use threads.

No. For every update we might have to do manual updates too. Java is not compatible with C++ (in which Mineserver is written) and Mineserver is not a wrapper or anything like that. Mineserver is a full custom server totally separate from the original java server.

You'll learn that when you're older ;)

First we'll try to get everything working almost like the java server does and then we can start adding some new features. We will also make a plugin system for third party plugins. Mainly we try to make a replacement for the java server with less CPU/memory resources used.

Thanks!

Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:11:40 am »
Awesome :) thanks a lot for all the answers guys. This sounds like a project with HUGE amounts of potential! I'll be hanging around your forums to hopefully give some ideas and help wherever I can :) While my C++ is rusty as hell (I did it in college about 15 years ago, and quite honestly I can't remember a darn thing) I have a large knowledge in general computing. If I can ever be any kind of help please just let me know.

Nice design on the front page by the way.