From Mineserver Wiki
Revision as of 22:27, 6 December 2010 by Bakkdoor
This is a suggestion for a coding style to be used consistently accross Mineserver's source code.
- Indentation: 2 spaces
- Class names: Camelcase, starting with uppercase letter, e.g.: FurnaceManager
- Variable and method names: Camelcase, starting with lowercase letter, e.g.: updateWorld(), userCommands.
- Using short names for loop variables is ok, e.g. i, j. Otherwise use descriptive names and don't use abbreviations all over the place, to make the code more readable.
- Inline methods: Keep them short (max 10-15 lines at most).
- Documentation: Use javadoc-style documentation for at least all public methods. Example:
/** * The foo() method. Does some fooish stuff, yo! * @param bar Bar instance to be used in foo(). * @return An instance of Baz that does something fantastic! */ Baz* Foo::foo(Bar* bar);
- Note: Documentation should go in to the header file.
- Class definitions: