Frequently Asked Questions
From Mineserver Wiki
Revision as of 05:17, 25 January 2011 by Drewbug
- Isn't it illegal to copy Notch's code?!
- We have created this software without decompiling the original codes. It's also a bit different in some ways. We only use the same protocol.
- What IP address do I have to use?
- You have to use either your local or remote IP address. If you're on Windows, go to the command prompt (cmd) and type "ipconfig" to find out which IP address you should use.
- Can I use Hamachi?
- Yes, you can use Hamachi. The IP address you need to put in Mineserver's configuration file is your Hamachi IP address.
- Is there a built-in GUI?
- No, not at this time. It's a command-based program; simple and easy to use.
- Can you run this on Windows XP?
- No,you can not. Mineserver is not compatible with Windows XP.
- How can I find out what my remote IP address is?
- Go to .